Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Garlicly Spinach Zucchini Noodles

Garlicly Spinach Zucchini Noodles

Today I had a recipe pop up on my Pinterest alert that peaked my interest, but like any good recipe, I have to make it my own.
Raw spiral cut zucchini

Ingredients:
3 Med or 4 smaller zucchini, spiral cut into noodles
1/2 Med red onion, thin sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 small package frozen spinach, thawed and excess water squeezed out
1 Tbsp Olive oil
2 Tbsp Butter
1-2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
Salt & Pepper to taste

Prep all the vegetables so they are ready to go it the pan at the right moment.
Preheat a large 12" nonstick skillet to medium or a little more depending on your stove, you don't want it too hot, but if you cook the noodles to slowly, they will get too mushy.


Sauted onions & garlic


Start with warming the oil in the skillet, adding onions and stir around to start the softening process, add garlic and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes.  Add noodles and spinach, season with salt and pepper and continue to toss for 4-5 minutes,breaking up an clumps of spinach. Once the noodles begin to soften, add butter and vinegar and simmer for another minute to make a silky sauce to coat the noodles.

Dish it up with your favorite cut of meat and you have a great dinner, tonight we had it with kabobs I picked up from the local market.

Alternative: to jazz it up a bit, add crumbles bacon at the end too!

I know I will be making this one again.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment