Saturday, January 9, 2016

The Plan

You may ask what's the plan? For the people attending my group, it is totally up to each individual. So far we have weight watchers people and others who did not have a plan are trying out the plan I'm using, but its really up to each person. For me I'm returning to the Keto based diet/lifestyle, but I found myself reviewing a book recommended by my naturopath years ago and as I read, I found it making reference to being in a state of Ketosis which is the premise of the Keto diets.

So what book am I reading, well it's Eat Right 4 Your Blood Type. This book breaks down eating lifestyles based on body makeup that is a result of the blood type you have. As I read, I'm finding that for my blood type which is typo O, a keto type diet is best for me (which explains why I've had success in the past using a low carb lifestyle). The difference is Eat Right allows for a small amount of carbs under strict guidelines to remain in a mild state of ketosis.

So I will be return to posting lots of Keto friendly recipes, be reading keto based articles and watching video that will support the sugar free, grain free lifestyle my body needs me to be  living.

It's been awhile since I've taken the time to focus on cooking and food, and with only a few days in, I feel like I'm getting back into my grove. Scanning blogs, testing recipes and sharing with others is the focus that I needed to get my personal eating habits back in line. I find a having a project is where I do my best at staying focused, eating the right things and being accountable to others helps be stay on track.

 Because of my lack of focus and control over the last couple of years, I've found my blood sugars getting more and more elevated and found myself requiring higher levels of medication to to keep my blood sugars in check. And with the lack of control also came 30 pounds of body fat that has not been a pleasant road of tight clothes, forced to spend money on replacement clothing in bigger sizes in spite of having a wardrobe of perfectly good clothes still hanging in the closet.

Now with the confessions out of the way, it's time to do everything in my power to stay on track, shake this poundage and see if I can kick some of this medication.

So whatever your goals, stand here with us and keep working on making choices that bring you closer to the lifestyle you strive to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment