Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pigs-N-Blanket

My oldest son and daughter in law have be traveling this no carb road with me for a while now, and they are diligent in finding recipes and trying out new things which is great to have someone to bounce things off of and to try recipes with. A while back they came across a recipe for what was called pancakes, but they are thin and delicate much more like a crepe and absolutely wonderful.

When I headed for the freezer last night to pull some meat for dinner tonight, I spotted a beef roast but that will take a few days to thaw (its resting the frig), but I also found a package of pork link sausages that made for a perfect start for breakfast for dinner tonight.

So with my package of sausage cooked off, and a batch of crepes, we had a fun batch of Pigs-N-Blanket. And my poor husband who is along for this ride managed to eat two full plates of them!





Grain Free Crepes

8 oz Cream Cheese - softened
8 Eggs
3 packet Stevia
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Mix all the ingredient with a stick blender or in a standard blender. Heat griddle and keep greased with each batch of crepes cooked (I use a spray coconut oil or butter & a brush).
Using a 1 oz ladle make each crepe, they cook super quick, when they start to dry around the edges give them a careful flip and they will be ready in just another minute.
I had a time flipping them the first time I made them, if you make them too large they want to split with the impact on the griddle. So keeping them small they are easy to produce. 

We used our favorite pork sausage with a bit of sugar free syrup to create our dinner, find your own favorite way to use these fun little crepes. I'm thinking next time I'm thinking skip the cinnamon and sweetener and make them savory with some herbs. I can see them rolled up with meat and cheese as great way to have something for lunch or a snack!

2 comments:

  1. I can see that I was smart to be your friend - look at all of these ideas I'm getting!

    ReplyDelete