Monday, September 23, 2013

Weekly Recipes for week of Sept 22nd - 28th

Well I knew a few weeks ago that my schedule was ramping up for a busy fall/holiday season and its now in full swing. I've been in several meetings in the past couple of weeks that mapped out women's events, a bazaar, a food basket for a family, sponsoring a solder overseas, several holiday gatherings and a couple of other random events. Thankfully I'm not in charge of all of this, but I will be participating in much of it. So needless to say, my meals are going to reflect my time constraints.  With that in mind here we go.

Menu #1
Lentil Sausage Soup
This soup is a mainstay for me every winter, a hearty rich soup that warms the soul.  It is a soup that freezes really well, and lucky for me, I had a gallon of soup frozen in the freezer, so while I busily cranked out a large batch of dog food (yes I make my own dog food, I'll tell you more about that another time), I had my pot of soup warming on the stove. So always keep in mind when you can make a larger batch of something that you can freeze for later use.
 When it comes to serving this soup, I love it with a scoop of sour cream stired in. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/lentil-sausage-soup-recipe/index.html


Menu #2
As for the rest of the week, tomorrow night we are joining friends for Happy Hour at my work, and Wednesday we have dinner being brought to us, so I just need to figure out a couple of quick items to finish off the week. When I went shopping on Saturday, I was thinking I needed eggs, so I bought a dozen, well, I had almost two dozen waiting in the frig when I got home, so I'm thinking breakfast for dinner. I have some bacon in the freezer that can be chopped and browned with onions. Pour scrambled egg over the top and toss it in the oven til eggs are set. This is a stand by to be served with toast or some fried potatoes.

Menu #3
For a final recipe to round out the week I'm thinking I need to put the last of the lettuce I have in the frig to use an pull together a taco salad. I've pulled out a pound of hamburger and it will be thawed in a few days and ready to go. 

For now I need to get myself off to bed and get some rest so I can keep moving this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment