Saturday, September 14, 2013

Taste the Rainbow

To coin an old Skittles ad, Taste the Rainbow or eat a rainbow of color in your diet, is something I've been told by nutritionists, doctors, read in books and heard on TV shows like Dr Oz. But I must say, how often do we live by that rule, or do we see a common thread of white, beige, brown and orange (which is usually artificial) on our plates.

To day I grabbed a friend, who's husband was off getting into trouble with my husband, and we girls headed for the farmers market. I don't have my recipes for the week fully decided on yet, but I hope having a variety of colorful vegetables on my counter will inspire me with some ideas. We have another market in the area tomorrow, so once I figure out what I'm eating, I may have to make stop to pick up an item or two more.

So with that said, here are a few  pictures from our adventure this morning. I hope some of these sights will encourage you to get out there and taste the rainbow this week, the produce is amazing at this time of year so it's hard to go wrong with anything you by.




Greens Glorious Greens
Red & Orange Carrots

Gad Zooks!

If you click on a picture you will get better look!
We didn't just look at food! 

   


And this was my bounty and inspiration for the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment