Friday, September 27, 2013

Upside Down Tamale Pie

Well tonight wraps up a hectic week. We have a aggressive storm brewing outside, a fire in the wood stove inside and I wanted something that would be easy to put together, yet a stick to your ribs kind of meal. I knew I still had the package of hamburger in frig, so I began rummaging around in to cupboards and came across a package of gluten free polenta and an idea blossomed from there. I browned off the hamburger with a chopped onion and my favorite taco seasonings cumin, chili powder and turmeric (and of course salt & pepper). While that was cooking through, following the directions on the package I cooked off a batch of polenta, added a cup of grated cheddar and let it firm up. So with the polenta scooped on the plate, cover with a good portion of the taco meat, topped with additional grated cheese, sour cream and your favorite salsa and Voila! you have an Upside Down Tamale Pie. While I'm sitting here typing I here my husband and brother in the kitchen for seconds, so I must be edible!



Praying those of you in the Portland area that also are facing the weekend storm, that you enjoy your time inside and without any incident.

1 comment:

  1. Last night my husband made this in a 9x13 dish so we have it for our lunches all week. Today my lunch was so delicious. I can't wait for tomorrows lunch. Love this idea Coral. Also, polenta is now going to be a staple at our house.

    ReplyDelete