Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Temptations

Some days are easier to face than others, and with the challenge of avoiding grains and sugars it can be very difficult thing to do.

As I've mentioned before, I work in a fine dining restaurant, which in itself improves my odds of making positive choices, but they also provide food for us during the day that can be far from the plan I strive to follow. 

Most days they are pretty good about fixing things that I can pick and choose from which I'm very thankful for. And when the overall meal is not suitible, they will let me raid the boiled eggs, some cheese or avocado and I can get by.

But somedays, like today, we had scrambled eggs and bacon that was great. And there was a large pan of fried potatoes for everyone else, but the kicker today came in a fresh batch of donuts made this morning. Sitting openly next to the coffee machine, in a walkway heavily traveled.


I have managed to leave them alone in spite of walking past them several times looking at them (Telling myself just drink more water or eat another slice of bacon!). We all have those times when we are faced with a choice that is very difficult. 

Remember your self talk, you can live without them, it's just a donut. Remember why you are choosing to eat differently, you body will thank you for walking away. 

And remember to cheer when you step on the scale and know that you did the right thing. 

Face the temptations and challenges head on, and if you slip, never fear, you can start again and keep going. Remember the goal, making more positive choices than poor ones.

We've been at this for a month now, and I'm down 12 pounds, many more to go, but it is begining to feel like a lifestyle and less like a hurdle to get over. 

Tell me your challenges and we can face them together.




No comments:

Post a Comment