Tuesday, June 17, 2014

A night off

It's only Tuesday and it feels like I've put in a full week already. Worked at home yesterday which has it's benefits, like warm fuzzy dogs sleeping on my feet while I work. But I found myself working until after 8pm last night. Needless to say, a quick bite out handled dinner and back to work I went.

Today I had a full day at the office with the executive staff hanging around keeping me on my toes doing extra projects for them on top of trying to get my own work done. So tonight I just wanted to get out of the house and have an enjoyable evening and not think about all the stresses that seem to be over taking my day to day life. So we grabbed one of the dogs and off we went to the local evening farmers market.

Tonight included a simple German sausage on a stick with spicy mustard and wandering around the market just enjoying the fresh air.  To top off the night we had the opportunity to visit with a bunch of old friends from a church we used to attend, and had time to catch up with everyone and a chance to make plans to get together at a later date.

I didn't take the camera, I didn't plan, I just enjoyed time with friends and we even treated ourselves to some ice cream from the local pharmacy that sells it as a fund raiser for the local kids in the community.

It's okay to sometimes just take a night off.

No comments:

Post a Comment