Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Keto Korean Beef

Once again the weeks have screamed passed and I've neglected to slow down long enough to even post a few lines here. Work has been excessive, forcing late hours working at home and that followed by a busy weekend executing an Easter egg hunt for 60 kids and then a pancake breakfast. We've been trying to decide how to deal with remodeling our house to accommodate moving my mom in with us. 

So needless to say, I've been a bit checked out. I don't what the coming weeks will entail,but I will be here as time allows. 

The one thing I have managed to stick with during all this activity has been keeping up with food prep night and cooking. I've found that taking that time to prep has actually saved me, when it came to  making meals on the fly or when I've been dead on my feet was easy and kept me from straying too far from my eating plan. That doesn't mean I never caved and ate things I shouldn't have, but all in all, I did pretty well. 

One night we had ground elk, ground beef and cauliflower rice with a few assorted vegetables to  play with. We had my son, daughter in law and our sweet granddaughter at the house and we decided on tweaking our favorite Korean Beef recipe and found that with just a bit of adjustments.



So without further ado, here's what we came up with.

Korean Beef
 1 lb ground beef (or elk)
1 c. diced bell peppers (I used red & yellow for color)
1/2 c. green onions, thin sliced on the diagonal
1/2 c. celery, thin sliced on the diagonal
1/4 c. Tamari
sugar replacement, use equivalent to 1/3 cup sugar (adjust to taste)
1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
3 Lg cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp. Crushed red pepper (adjust to desired taste)

Mix together tamari, sweetener, sesame oil, minced garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes together and set aside

In large skillet or dutch oven, brown and crumble meat. Once meat is no longer pink, add in remaining vegetables and cook until vegetables are softened. Add tamari mixture and simmer until liquid has reduced, stirring regularly.




Serve with cauliflower rice. http://cookeatpaleo.com/how-to-make-cauliflower-rice/

If you have your cauliflower riced and ready to cook, it only take minutes to cook off a batch  of rice while your Korean beef is cooking.

At this point all you need to do is grab your favorite bowl and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment