Sunday, December 29, 2013

Taking the Next Step

As I wrote in my last post, we have had an unusually crazy year, and in addition to what I had listed, just a few weeks ago it was also realized that I am now longer the only diabetic in the house, my husband now carries that tag as well. So in an effort to get him on track with a low sugar plan, we dove into to the task of what will he eat for breakfast, for snacks and lunch while he is away from home and in an environment that leaves much to be desired for those trying to take care of themselves.

With a chicken roasted off, I made a batch of curry chicken salad that he can take for lunch, I cooked off egg cups that he can warm up for breakfast when he gets to work (he leaves the house at 4am), and prepped up a piles of raw vegetables that we can take for snacks along with the mixed nuts that he had been taking before. 

Change will always come with growing pains, making good choices is difficult and if you attempt to wing it, you can find yourself in the weeds and back at square one. It is never perfect as we make different choices and have days we fall off the wagon and need to start again. As we look at the new year, think about little changes you can make that you can handle and will be able to continue for the long haul. Making healthy changes can improve our quality of life, and if we continue to make little changes toward your goals you will have a better chance of reaching them.

It's been a busy day with shopping, and all the food prep,but with a stocked frig I think we are ready to face the week and now I can get a bit of rest between loads of laundry and crawling off to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment