Thursday, August 29, 2013

Mediterranean Night - Greek Lettuce Wraps with side salad

Armed with ground beef, a head of romaine lettuce, garlic and tomatoes from the garden I dove into Mediterranean night at our house. I gave up on the idea of making burgers with my Greek seasoning and settled on seasoned meat piled on lettuce leaves and topped with a fresh batch of tzatziki and a Greek salad on the side.



In order to pull this off, I stopped at that trusted Alberton's again for cucumber, feta cheese, a lemon, a small can of sliced black olives and a quart of Greek yogurt (which I prefer the thicker consistency when making tzatkiki) and scrambled for home.

After chasing the  cucumbers thought the grater  I tossed all the ingredients for the tzatziki together (its always better the longer it sits), and then moved on to browning the meat, washing the lettuce and prepping the salad. All in all it went together very fast and I must say, it was pretty darn tasty!


After a long day at work, and coming home to another August rain storm, this was warm and savory and still good for me.

Due to rain I skipped my walk outside and dusted off my Pilates DVD this morning, I have allot of muscles that have forgotten that they have purpose, and they are telling me so!

Now to get busy on next weeks options, I'm seeing grilled zucchini in my future, what do you think?

Just in case you missed the recipes here they are again.


Greek Seasoning added to meat
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/greek-seasoning-2/

Tzatziki
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Tzatziki-Sauce/Detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Thumb&e11=tzatziki&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Recipe

Greek Salad
Toss the following ingedients all together and serve
Chopped English Cucumber
Chopped Tomatoes
Sliced Black Olives
Feta Cheese (I used the sun dried tomato variety)
Bottled Italian dressing of choice

No comments:

Post a Comment