Friday, October 11, 2013

Using what you've got

I've ended the week with 3.5 hours of overtime and I will be back at my office tomorrow to go at it some more. Three out of five nights I had places to be, and by tonight the last thing I wanted to do was spend allot of time in the kitchen.

So tonight I grabbed a couple of russet potatoes wrapped them in foil and tossed them in the oven. Curled up on the couch for thirty minutes with a my current novel, and then wandered back into the kitchen to cook off the pound of hamburger (the one thawed out for lasagna) with a chopped onion, Greek seasoning and a couple of tablespoons of the roasted tomatoes tomatoes I had in the frig. At that point I returned to the couch until the taters were done. So with a the  potato split and fluffed, we piled on the meat mixture, some butter, the leftover southwest salad dressing from couple of weeks ago mixed with some sour cream and topped with grated white cheddar cheese.



With a random selection of items we ended up with loaded baked potatoes that didn't take much to fix, and I've been able to relax the bulk of the evening, and now its time to get to bed so I can hopefully finish my current project at work in the morning. Good night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment